The 2017-2018 Texas 4-H Photography Rules and Guidelines are posted on-line at the following site: https://texas4-h.tamu.edu/projects/photography-video/
Highlights of significant changes for 2017-2018 include:
· Significant changes in the categories which photographs can be entered. The categories for 2017-2018 are:
1. Animals – Domestic
2. Animals – Wildlife (this category will now include aquatic and marine animals)
3. Catch-All (this category should not be used to enter photos that clearly align to another one of the categories). It is designed for misc photos which do not clearly fit into another category.
4. Details & Macro
5. Dominant Color
6. Elements of Design
7. Enhanced (NEW) – formally the Digital Darkroom category
9. Landscape & Nature
10. Motion/Action (NEW) – photo capturing movement within a single photo
13. Sports – photo that captures individual or team sports.
14. Theme – the theme for 2017-2018 is “BACKYARD.” This creative category will feature photos what one would see when stepping out into your back yard.
15. Travel & Place (NEW) – category includes images that express the joys and adventures of travel photography, showcasing place as an important part of the photo.
· Changes in the resolution and size of photographs:
1. Resolution must be a minimum of 300 dpi high quality (print quality).
2. Photograph size must be 3:2 (4”X6”) or 5:4 (8”x10”) ratio (either landscape or portrait).
Entries for the contest will be completed through 4-H CONNECT from the time period of April 1, 2018 to April 15, 2018. Entry fee is $10.00 per photography.