The application for the 2018 Texas 4-H Equine Ambassador Short Course has been released. Since 2012, horse enthusiasts from across our great state have traveled to Gainesville for an exceptional training. Equine Ambassadors have been busy assisting his/her County Extension Agents with equine programming and advocating for the industry. These exceptional leaders have represented Texas 4-H, the equine industry and animal agriculture with distinction and purpose. Equine Ambassadors have been at the forefront of advocacy efforts at the local, state, national and international levels.
Continuing in 2018:
The course will still be headquartered in Gainesville, however a portion of the training will be held in Oklahoma City in conjunction with the NRHA Derby. Selected applicants will be treated to a behind the scenes educational experience of this storied event. Due to the difficulty in selecting applicants based on written information, 2018 applicants will submit a 2 minute video introduction and justification video along with their application.
2018 Texas 4-H Equine Ambassador Short Course:
Location: Gainesville, Texas
Dates: June 24 – June 27, 2018
- Senior age (14-18) 4-H youth that have exhibited a superior level of ambition regarding his/her horse projects
- Students with a profound interest in equine science and the horse industry in Texas
- Students who have shown advanced leadership qualities and a willingness to help others
- Top 25% class rank
- Applicant goes to http://tamuag.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_esuzimQvlFSJcVf
- Student will complete the application and enter the contact information of supervising County Extension Agent
- CEA will be automatically emailed a recommendation survey
- Applications are due April 15, 2018. Applicants will be notified by early June, 2018 regarding the application result
For more information about the program, please contact Billy Zanolini at firstname.lastname@example.org or refer to the Texas 4-H Ambassador Program Information Booklet.