Online applications for the 2019-2020 STEM Ambassador team are now open through July 31.
Application link: https://fs4.formsite.com/state4h/new/index.html
Overview video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKf-hqmtCTY&feature=youtu.be
As STEM Ambassadors, our mission is to educate communities about science, technology, engineering, and math opportunities; both inside and outside of 4-H, while learning essential skills in STEM, communication, and teamwork.
Eligibility for New Members
- Be in at least the 9th grade
- Be an active 4-H member or 4-H Adult volunteer for the 2019-2020 year, a former Tech Team member now in college, or Extension employee
- Complete and submit application by July 31, 2019
- Have a willingness to learn about STEM
- Be willing to work collaboratively on a team with other youth and adults
- Be responsive and engaged in team communications
- Share knowledge and skills with others
- Not serving on the 2019-20 Texas 4-H Council
Individuals must complete the online application, which includes the following sections:
- Overview and Expectations
- Personal Information
- Technology Access & Communication
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Experience and Future Areas of Interest
- Technology Experience Essay
- Personal Video Narrative*
- Letters of Recommendation**
- Acknowledgement and Agreement
* Youth applicants will need to record a personal 2-3 minute video reflecting “who you are and what you do”. The video must be published to YouTube and the link shared on the application.
** Youth applicants will need to secure two letters that will be uploaded online or emailed.
July 1 – Applications open
July 31 – Applications close (no extensions or exceptions will be made)
August 1-29 – Applications will be reviewed
August 30 – Applicants will be notified of acceptance
October 25-27 – Required training for new and returning members at Texas 4-H Conference Center in Brownwood
Spring 2020 meeting date and location TBD