The 2019-2020 District 11 4-H Crossroads will be held Thursday – Saturday, November 7-9 4, 2019 at in Kingsville, TX. Registration will be open on 4-H Connect September 9 – October 11, 2019. Late registration will be open from October 12 – November 1, 2019.
Please check the event website for details: https://d114-h.tamu.edu/events-and-contests/crossroads/.
Show the world that you’re ready to make a difference in One Day by ordering a 2019 One Day 4-H T-Shirt. T-Shirts are available for PRESALE ONLY. T-Shirts must be ordered by noon on September 19, 2019 and will be shipped to your county office in time for the One Day 4-H Event on October 12, 2019. Shirts can be ordered here at the event website.
The 2019-2020 District 11 4-H Food Show/Food Challenge will be held Saturday, January 4, 2020 at Victoria College Emerging Technology Complex in Victoria, TX. Registration will be open on 4-H Connect October 1- December 6, 2019. Late registration will be open from December 7-13, 2019.
Please check the event website for details: https://d114-h.tamu.edu/events-and-contests/food-show-and-food-challenge/.oks/.
The list for the 2019-2020 Fall/Winter Programs held at The Texas 4-H Center at Lake Brownwood, TX is now available. The list of all retreats and trainings for this fall and winter can be found here.
Additionally, you can check out the flyers for the new programs, Family Outdoor Education Retreat and the Junior Leadership Retreat below.
Family Outdoor Education Retreat
Junior Leadership Retreat
Registration for the Fall Retreats open on Monday, September 2nd on the Texas 4-H Center website.
Head over to The Wood Ranch in Rising Star, TX for the Central Texas Showdown-Livestock Judging Contest.
Over 60 banners will be awarded, as well as, buckles for high point individuals.
- When: October 12th
- Registration: 7:30AM
- Orientation: 8:30AM
- Contest Start: 9:00AM
- Juniors will have questions.
- Seniors will talk 3 to 4 sets of reasons.
- Registration can be completed on Judging Card
- Teams must provide their own scantrons. Universal Form – A (705A-12)
- Lunch will be provided for all participants.
- Please have participants fill out the indemnity form here. The forms will also be available at registration.
- This year, there will be a concession stand.
Please see flyer for additional information.
District 8 4-H will be hosting a Shooting Sports Coach Certification Training for Archery, Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun in Stephenville, TX on November 9-10, 2019.
See the attached flyer, website, and/or participant information letter for more details.
This training is open to any potential coaches across the state.
- Registration will be conducted through 4‐H Connect.
- Look for 2019 D8 4-H Shooting Sports Coach Certification (Stephenville) (Open state-wide)
- Registration will be open starting October 7 and closes October 25, 2019.
- Please pay close attention to the deadline!
- Cost is $120
Participants MUST have completed and passed the Background Check PRIOR to registering for the event, so if they have not completed this, they should do so IMMEDIATELY! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
- Registration will cover meals and course materials.
- Only one discipline certification (archery, pistol, rifle, or shotgun) is obtainable per participant per training.
- Lodging will be the responsibility of the participants. Suggested are hotels are listed in the letter and on the website.
- Event will begin at 8:00am on Saturday, November 9 and tentatively end at noon on Sunday, November 10, 2019.
- Tentative schedule, what to bring list, and release forms can be found on the website. Additional details will be sent to those that register.
Visit the website to view more details (including lodging information):
The District 12 4-H Shooting Sports Coach’s Certification training has been scheduled for September 28-29, 2019 at the Atascosa County Texas A&M AgriLife Extension office in Leming, Texas. This event is open to any/all registered and screened 4-H volunteers (age 21 and older) wishing to become certified to lead a shooting sports program in one of the following four disciplines: Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, or Archery.
There are three opportunities for attending this training with specific registration fees for each. The registration options to include:
- Coach (Adult) – Adults age 21 and older will be candidates for Certified Coach.
- Coach’s Assistant (Adult) – Adults age 18-20 will be candidates for a Coach’s Assistant certification ($150 registration fee).
- Coach’s Assistant (Youth) – Youth age 14-18 who must be accompanied by a previously certified coach ($150 registration fee), this option must include the following participant as well. Previously Certified Coach (Adult) – Adult age 21 and older must register ($75) and attend the certification with the registered youth interested in the “Coach’s Assistant – Youth” option. The Previously Certified Coach will not receive any type of certification for their attendance. Fees are to cover program costs.
Volunteers can only receive certification in one discipline per workshop. Registration for this event is open on 4-H Connect now through September 13th and Late Registration from September 14th– 23rd (+$25 late fee). Please keep in mind that while this is being hosted in and by District 12, it is open statewide. The registration fee of $150 includes program costs, some meals, and materials. No specific lodging arrangements have been made, however a list of hotels is being provided. All are within a 10-15 minutes of the training site.
Additional information for the workshop can be found here on the District 12 4-H website.
Waller County will be holding a Youth Livestock Judging Contest on October 4, 2019 at the Waller County Fairgrounds in Hempstead, TX. The contest is open to active 4-H or FFA members who are enrolled in school and haven’t graduated from high school.
General information for the contest can be found here on the event flyer. Additional information is provided here in the contest rules.
The 2019 Texas 4-H Rabbit Extravaganza will be held on September 14, 2019 at the Bell County Expo Center in Belton, TX. This statewide competition is open to enrolled Texas 4-H members of official 4-H age. Registration for this event is now open until September 10, 2019. All registration must be done using 4-HConnect.
For additional information, please visit the Texas 4-H website at https://texas4-h.tamu.edu/events/rabbit-extravaganza/
The Educational Showmanship Clinic & Show will be held on Sunday, October 20, 2019 at the Palo Pinto County Livestock Association Expo Building in Mineral Wells, TX.
Please see flyer for details.