The early bird registration deadline for the 9th Annual Coastal Bend Classic is quickly approaching! Register no later than November 16, 2018 for the lowest fee.
The first 100 registered/paid registrations will receive a FREE Coastal Bend Classic cap!
Register online at: Coastal Bend Classic. Follow our FACEBOOK event for a complete lineup of speakers & judges!
Registration is now open for the 2018 District 11 Archery Match to be held December 13 & 15, 2018 at the DeWitt County Fairgrounds in Cuero, TX. All youth are required to register on 4-H Connect.
Regular registration is open through November 30, 2018 for $20 per youth. Late registration is December 1-9, 2018 for an additional $25. For more information visit: D11 Archery.
Register for the 4-H Hunting Project Coach training, held in College Station on December 8 – 9, 2018, to become a certified leader in your county. Registration is on 4-H Connect. All registrants must be enrolled as 4-H members or adult volunteers on 4-H Connect and have a current Youth Protection background check. This process takes time to complete so begin now by working with your local county Extension office!
The 34th Annual Montgomery County 4-H Horse Judging Contest will be held on Saturday, December 15, 2018 at the Lone Star Exp Center on the Montgomery County Fairgrounds. For contest details and entry information, please see Contest Flyer and Entry Form.
Registration for Junior Leadership Retreat is open until October 29th, 2018 at https://texas4hcenter.tamu.edu/. 4-H youth currently in 3rd through 8th grade can register to attend. The Texas 4-H Council will lead educational sessions in: Use Your Imagination, Community Service, Chemistry, Leadership Initiatives, and Trashion Fashion.
The Junior Leadership Retreat is held November 9-11, 2018 at the Texas 4-H Center in Lake Brownwood, TX. Registration starts at 7:30 pm on Friday November 9th and closing assembly is scheduled for 10:00 am on Sunday November 11th. For more information, please see Junior Leadership Retreat Flyer.
District 11 4-H is pleased to announce the 9th Annual Coastal Bend Classic Clinic & Show on December 1 & 2, 2018 at the San Patricio County Fairgrounds in Sinton, TX!
New for 2018:
- Specie clinics for Beef, Swine, Sheep, Goats, Poultry, and Rabbits will be held on Saturday, December 1.
- Specie shows for Steers, Heifers, Sheep, & Goats will be held Sunday, December 2.
- FREE Dinner & Social for participants who RSVP. Speed Judging and games will take place during this time.
2018 Speakers & Judges
- Sheep – Dr. Shawn Ramsey, sponsored by Ful- O-Pep Feeds
- Goats – Scott Mauney, retired County Extension Agent
- Poultry (clinic only) – Keith Staggs, Purina Honor Show Chow Ambassador
- Rabbits (clinic only) – Michael Heaton, Heaton Rabbitry- Cuero, Tx
- Beef – TBA
- Swine (clinic only) – TBA
Early bird registration will be from October 1 – November 16. Regular registration will be from November 17 to day of show.
The first 100 pre-registered participants will receive a FREE Coastal Bend Classic cap.
For more information, please visit https://d114-h.tamu.edu/events-and-contests/coastal-bend-classic/ or follow our FACEBOOK event for a complete lineup of speakers & judges!
District 11 4-H is pleased to announce that we will be hosting a Shooting Sports Coaches’ Training for Archery, Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun in Markham (Matagorda County) on December 8-9, 2018.
This training is open to any potential coaches across the state.
- Registration is open now on 4‐H Connect.
- Look for 2018 D11 Shooting Sports Coaches’ Training – December 8-9, 2018, Markham, TX.
- Registration will be open starting October 1 and closes November 21, 2018.
- Cost is $120.
- All County Extension Agents are able to register for free.
- Please see attached flyer and training information document for more details.
All participants must be ACTIVE volunteers in 4-H Connect. This includes passing the volunteer screening that is a part of the volunteer enrollment process.
- Registration includes program materials, lunch, dinner and other training supplies.
- Participants may only receive certification in ONE shooting discipline (archery, pistol, rifle, or shotgun) per training weekend.
- Lodging is on your own at this training. Various lodging options are available in and around Bay City. Please see website for more details.
- Tentative agenda, what to bring list, and release forms can be found on the website. More details will follow after registration.
- Event will begin at 8:00am on Saturday, December 8 and tentatively end at noon on Sunday, December 9, 2018.
Visit the website for further information:
Please forward this to interested coaches and post on your social media, webpages, blogs, and newsletters. Contact me with any questions.
The Guadalupe County 4-H Robotics Club would like to invite your robotics team to their Sumo-bot contest on Saturday, December 1.
Location: Guadalupe County Agricultural Extension Office, 210 Live Oak, Seguin, TX 78155
Date and Time: December 1, 2018 from 9:00 AM – 2:30 PM, doors open at 8:00 AM
Registration Fee: $50 per team
Registration deadline: November 23, 2018
Teams: 4-H Junior, Intermediate and Senior teams of 1-4 participants on each team
Food: Concession stand will be available and pizza orders will be taken with Registration.
For more details and registration information please click here: Guadalupe Sumo-bot Competition.
The Atascosa County Fair Association is proud to announce their Annual Prospect Lamb, Goat, Heifer and Steer Show which will be held on Saturday, October 6, 2018 at the Cowboy Fellowship Church Arena in Jourdanton, Texas. The prospect show is open to all junior livestock exhibitors. Must be a 4-H or FFA member. For more information visit: Atascosa County Fair Prospect Show.
Show your spirit of Making a Difference in One Day by ordering a 2018 One Day 4-H T-Shirt. T-Shirts are available for PRESALE ONLY. T-Shirts must be ordered by September 21, 2018 and will be shipped to your county office in time for the One Day 4-H Event on October 13, 2018. Shirts can be ordered individually by members and volunteers at: https://texas4-h.tamu.edu/events/oneday/