Districts 9 and 11 have just over 11,900 members. This often makes it difficult for 4-H members to socialize regularly with other members outside their own county and district. We have partnered to create a pen pal program that will include learning experiences. This pen pal program is intended to create comradery between 4-H members across our two districts while also teaching 4-H members important skills needed for writing letters. Members who complete all requirements will receive a certificate of completion for their participation in our Pen Pal project.
SIGN-UP TODAY!! Deadline is September 18, 2020
Rules and Guidelines
- To ensure safety, ONLY certified 4-H members who are enrolled currently on 4-H Connect will be allowed to be part of the Pen Pal Program
- We ask that parents review your child’s letter before sending it to their pen pal
- No curse words, or derogatory language will be allowed
- For 4-H members currently in 3rd – 12th grades
- Registration will be completed via Google Form and must be submitted by September 18.
- Once you fill out the google form link to sign up for the program, pen pals will be paired based on age/grade. Pen pals will be supplied with their pal’s first name, age & mailing address
- Pals will receive their “match” by September 25. The first letter from Pal #1 must be mailed by October 1 to kick-off National 4-H week. Pals will then exchange letters weekly.
- Essentially, a letter will be sent by Friday of each week with Pals sending letters every other week.
- We ask that you commit to the D9 and D11 4-H Pen Pal Program from October 1st until Mid- December. That means each pen pal will send 5 letters and receive 5 letters.
- If pen pals would like to continue writing each other that is at the discretion of the parents
- Pen Pals might try to connect in other ways (social media, phone numbers, etc.), this is also at the discretion of the parents.